I wanted a curry for dinner, but not a strong one. It was more like a type of korma instead, but I'm sure if you add more curry powder then it will suit your tastes. :)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 tsps curry powder
- sea salt
- medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- cauliflower, broken into bite-sized pieces
- pepper chopped
- broccoli, if you want!
- handful of kale
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- a shake or 2 of turmeric
- Bring half of the coconut milk to a simmer in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Mix in the curry powder and salt, making sure there are no lumps.
- Stir in the red onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut milk and the water.
- Cook for a few minutes before adding the rest of the vegetables.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes, until the veg is however soft you want it. You can leave it simmer for 20 minutes or half an hour. I left it simmer to leave the flavours develop.
- Remove from the heat, taste, and add more curry powder and/or salt if needed.
- If it's too runny, add some cornflour and return to the heat, until the desired consistency is reached.