Today's menu for me consisted of Spinach and Tofu stuffed Cannelloni. You're drooling already, I know it. :) I use tomato and basil flavoured tofu, because it's just that fantastic.
The recipe you ask? :
4 tubes of Cannelloni
handful of chopped spinach
chopped tomatoes, tinned
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Saute the onions in olive oil until they begin to brown. Add the spinach and heat for a minute. Set aside for a minute or two to cool.
- In a bowl crumble the firm tofu. You can then add a dash or two of soya milk just to moisten it a bit. Add the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and mix. Then add the spinach and onion mixture, and stir until everything is properly mixed.
- If you have time you can cover the bowl and pop it into the fridge for an hour or two. By doing this the flavours really develop, but if you don't have the time then no big deal. :) It'll taste just as great!
- Pour some chopped tomatoes into the bottom of a baking dish. Get your 4 Cannelloni tubes and stuff them with the mixture. Keep doing so, until all of the mixture is gone. Leave a little gap in between each of the tubes. Cover the tubes with chopped tomatoes and season if you wish.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake at 180 degrees celsius for around 45 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with bruschetta.
- Happy dining!
And here's my bruschetta recipe:
4 cherry tomatoes
green and or black olives
2 cloves garlic
white wine vinegar
black and red ground pepper
2 pita breads
- Chop the tomatoes roughly.
- Slice the olives.
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Throw the tomtaoes, olives and garlic into a container.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Add a dash of sea salt, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Put the lid on the container and shake roughly for a minute or two. When that's done, put it into the fridge for abou 10 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- Lightly toast the pita breads for a minute so they'll puff out.
- Set the grill on a medium heat.
- Slice the pita breads in half when they're done and fill with the mixture.
- Place under the grill for about 3 minutes and serve.