Just look at these cupcakes. They turned out great and look fab too. My first time making them and they're perfect. :) The chocolate frosting is so rich, I was really surprised. Only a little bit is needed on the top. Mmmmm
Here's the recipe for the white cupcakes :
I got about 10 out of this mixture.
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar, I had no apple cider, but it worked just as well !
- 180mls soy milk
- 135g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 130g sugar
- 50 ml oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Put the vinegar and soy milk into a cup and stir thoroughly and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix.
- In another bowl, add the soy milk mixture, oil and vanilla extract, and whisk together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and whisk until it is smooth.
- Fill each muffin case to about 1/4 of the way up with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins, until you can stick something into one of the cakes and it comes out perfectly clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the muffin tray and let stand on a wire rack for a couple of minutes.
- Let cool completely before applying the frosting.
And here's the yummy yummy frosting recipe:
- 50g sugar
- 2 tbsps corn flour
- 1 & 1/2 tbsps cocoa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 60 ml water
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the water.
- Heat over a medium heat until it starts to get thick and boil, but only let it boil for 1-2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oil and vanilla.
- Cool, and spread once the cupcakes have cooled completely.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did ! =D