So it's 22 minutes past 12 in the morning and yes, I'm still awake! I decided I wanted pizza today for my dinner, so I made it. Vegan pizza. T'was yummy I must say! Here's the recipe I use:
Vegan Pizza -
240 ml warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 packet yeast
3 tbsps olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsps herbs
- Mix the water, sugar and the yeast in a bowl until it's dissolved and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour with the salt. Make a circle in the middle of this mixture and add the olive oil, yeast mixture and the herbs.
- Mix together and let the dough sit in a tin-foil covered bowl for around 1 hour. The dough doubles in size.
- Put the dough onto a pan that has been rubbed with vegetable oil, and cover it with whatever toppings you want.
- Bake at 230 degrees celsius for 15 minutes, or until it has turned a golden colour.
It tasted really great, especially as I was really in the mood for pizza. I covered the base in tomatoes, olives, asparagus, onion, red pepper and sweetcorn.
I had a total pig out day and had strawberries and melted dark chocolate for dessert. I bought dark chocolate and melted it in the microwave for a minute or two. Pizza and then strawberries and chocolate = one happy vegan :)